6 Ways to Practice Self Love
The importance of self-love - a state of appreciation for oneself for physical, psychological and spiritual growth is about valuing yourself, loving oneself and respecting oneself. Treat your body like a temple is the saying right?! The mind and the body work together. Your body needs to be a good support system for the mind and the spirit. If you take good care of it, your body can take you wherever you want to go, with the power and the strength and energy and vitality you will need to get there.
Here are 6 ways to practice some self love.
- Make a list of things you love doing, and do them often.
- Dedicate some time each day completely to yourself. “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot pour from an empty cup.”
- Follow your dreams. Dreams come in a size too big so that we may grow into them. Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality .While giving up when the going gets tough might sound tempting, ... “It always seems impossible until it's done.”
- Stop comparing. When you stop comparing yourself to others and turn your focus inward, you start being better at what really matters ... The most important things in life are internal not external. ... This is the only game you can really win.
- Practice self love and do some inner bonding. Work on your acceptance of self love, simply sit and think or write about how you tend to feel about, think about, and talk to yourself. “You can’t take care of anyone else until you’ve taken care of yourself.” These phrases are grounded in truth—it all starts with you!
- Affirmations have a tremendous affect on self. Say them in the mirror as you're getting ready in the morning, before or during a workout, while meditating or doing yoga, when you sit down to eat, or at night before you go to bed. Choose the ones that speak to you and make you feel your best. One could be “I love my body along every step of my journey.” And “My body deserves to be taken care of so I feed it nourishing food and energizing exercise.’
Gift yourself and practice some self love for the next 6 Days right here.
February is a good month to Reset + Reprogram!