Exercise For Cleansing Your Body With Water and Your Breath
THE WATER AND AIR PRE-CLEANSE
At One Body One Life we urge you to go slow and prepare yourself before engaging in cleansing. You might want to take a few days and start cutting back on those delicious indulgences that we love to love. Maybe take a little time to ease off the wine, coffee, sugar and protein and get rid of the things that are not beneficial. Now for all of us, including the person who feels their eating habits are in perfect order “Complete Denial“, we suggest a water and breath pre cleanse.
This is an amazing all natural way to get things moving, get your breath centered, and get your head clear, while starting the detox process. Yes, Water and Breath, that’s original you might say. These two simple tasks, if fully honored and carried out, will change your life! This is a great way to start your cleansing regimen by focusing on getting an abundance of pure air and pure water into your system. What could be easier than breathing and drinking water, or more important? Pure water is the elixir of life. Fresh air is the breath of life.These two most basic elements of life trigger the body’s own powers of detoxification and restoration.
They jump-start the cleansing process:
- They will help you achieve more energy.
- They will help rid your body of toxins stored deep in cells.
- They will help you lose weight, by sparking your vitality.
- They will dramatically improve your cognitive function.
WATER: The Elixir of Life
Improbable as it may sound, water intake plays a major role in the metabolic process of burning body fat. Therefore, you should follow this basic rule of drinking half your weight – in ounces – each day.
For example: If you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces of water each day. To make this amount easy to visualize, remember that 100 ounces would be about the same as eight 12-ounce bottles.
At One Body One Life we highly recommend the Fat Burning Lemonade® as a CLEANSING AID, energy lift, and a nice taste to add a bit of variety to just simply water. BUY Fat Burning Lemonade® here.
Water is the single most essential component of all living things. Your brain is 76% water. Your lungs are 90% water. Your blood is 84% water. Critical physical processes – such as digestion, circulation, muscle building, and elimination – are severely compromised if fluid intake is too low. Water carries nutrients to all body tissues, plays a crucial role in regulating body temperature, and is a major element in the growth and repair of the body. Huge volumes of toxic material are excreted every single day by your kidneys. Make the most of this natural process! You’ll feel the difference.
OXYGEN: The Breath of LifeBreathing its often an under appreciated component of health and fitness. It literally provides the spark of life to every cell in the body. When breathing is too shallow it starves the cells of energy. This type of inadequate breathing subverts the functions of the major organs, hammers energy, slows down the thinking processes, and even wrinkles the skin. It keeps toxins stuck exactly where they are. Therefore, one of the most important things you can do is to become aware of your breathing.
EXERCISES FOR CLEANSING YOUR BODY WITH YOUR BREATH
BREATH EXERCISE ONE: FINDING YOUR BREATH
- In a sitting position, sitting tall, chest out leading with your heart, shoulders back, a relaxed gaze, and hands on your thighs. Get comfortable, start breathing, and prepare yourself to sit here for about five minutes.
- Observe your breath. Breathe in and out evenly, through your nose. In yoga, this is called “Puraka” breathing.
- Notice where your breath is. Determine if it comes too often from your chest, instead of your belly.
- Feel your breath physically, by placing you hand on your belly.
- Visualize your breath. Mentally observe it as it fills your core and feeds your body.
- Once you adapt to this pattern, try not to think it too much and get lost in your breath.
- Feel the joy of this breath.
BREATH EXERCISE TWO: KUMBHAKA BREATHING
- In a sitting position, relax your chest and belly, and take a good, deep breath as you count slowly to six. Hold it for another six counts, and then exhale slowly until your lungs feel totally empty. Hold the exhale here for another slow count to six.
- Now take another deep breath for six seconds and hold it once again for six. This time, on the exhale, stick out your tongue, close your eyes and let your breath out forcefully, as you make a powerful sound, such as “Agghhhh!” Feel the tension leave your body.
- This is the first step in an active breath exercise. Really go for it. Silly at first, but this is one of those little nuggets of insight and a tool that you will use forever.
- Repeat the process at least three more times.
BREATH EXERCISE THREE: UJJAYI BREATHING
- This yoga breathing technique, pronounced ooh-jah-yee, is also called The Breath of Victory. When you focus your mind as you do it, it brings you to a deeper sense of yourself. It’s your second step and a more active breath exercise. It’s a great way to warm your body, bring blood to your internal organs, and expel toxins through the breath.
- To do it, simply breathe in and out through your nose, focusing on pushing and pulling the air with the back of your throat. As you do this, you will create a resonant sound, almost like snoring, as your breath rolls up and down your throat. Take your time.
- If you do some ujjayi breathing early in the morning, it’s a great time to set your intentions for the day. What do you want to happen? Create your vision of the day ahead. Make it happen. This is especially helpful in setting your daily intention for your upcoming Summer Slim Down!
BREATH EXERCISE FOUR: BREATH OF FIRE
- The Breath of Fire is the most active of the breath exercises and the one that takes the most practice. This active breath work will stimulate your solar plexus and circulate your blood.
- The Breath of Fire is not to be taken lightly. This is a powerful cleansing technique. Please practice the Breath of Fire. If you feel light headed or even nauseas @ first stop and re center yourself. These reactions are normal and will dissipate with practice.
- In a sitting position, sitting tall, chest out, leading with your heart, shoulders back, a relaxed gaze, and hands on your thighs. Start with an even in and out breath through the nostrils.
- Remember the diaphragm is the central point of the breath. It can be a difficult breath at first. Take a moment to find this center. Now the breath is rapid and constant. The sound of the air flowing through the nostrils is noticeable across a room if you really commit to the Breath of Fire.
- Key Point: Focus on the sound of your breath, not the muscles used to create the breath. In the beginning you can start the breath slow, remembering the diaphragm is the central point of the breath. Now like a train, go faster and faster until you find your fastest speed. Maintain this speed for as long as if feels comfortable. 90 seconds is where you want to be after practice. In the beginning you may be only able to maintain this pace and intensity for only 30 seconds.
- If need be, have a stop watch or clock nearby to time out 90 seconds so you get a feel for the time. With a little practice a clock won’t be necessary.
- Don’t push yourself till you have explored and practiced this powerful technique. Very soon it will become easy, but take your time, feel it out, and practice. Use the Breath of Fire whenever you feel the need to recharge or gain any of the benefits listed below.
- Cleanse the blood in three minutes
- Stimulate the solar plexus to release natural energy throughout the body
- Raise the voltage of the nervous system
- Produce a global alpha rhythm in the brain when practiced correctly
- Increase physical endurance
- Strengthen shaky nerves
- Stimulate the navel point to generate constancy in both your mental and physical being
You should start your new emphasis on cleansing your body, mind, and spirit with an abundance of pure water and fresh air because it feels so good and with a little practice, it will stay a part of you. Forever. Guaranteed.
Add Fat Burning Lemonade® to your daily water routine BUY here.