Hazelnut Cacao-Coconut Butter Metabolism Bliss Balls
Hazelnut Cacao-Coconut Butter Metabolism Bliss Balls are my go to as a yummy protein pre-workout or post-workout treat or as an alternative to that late afternoon chocolate bar!
Total time: 10 mins + 30 mins chilling timeServes: 10-12 bliss ballsDietary preferences: Vegetarian, Vegan option, Dairy-free option, Gluten-free option .
- 1/2 cup chopped organic hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 8 Medjool organic dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp filtered water, if needed
- Optional : 1 scoop of your favorite supplement powder
- Place the hazelnuts in blender and blitz until chopped, take out and put aside.
- Now add raw almonds, Medjool dates, maple syrup, cacao powder and coconut oil in a food processor and blend until well combined into paste and blend until a dough begins to form.
- If the mixture looks and feels a bit dry, add a little water. The mixture should feel a little sticky.
- Add mixture to hazelnuts in bowl and using your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into snack sized balls.
- On stovetop low heat melt coconut butter, cocoa and maple syrup (or you could just melt some organic semi sweet chocolate chips)
- Remove from heat and roll each ball into chocolate, place the balls on the some baking paper tray.
- Pop in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Serve the Choc-hazelnut Protein Bliss Balls straight from the freezer or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
And for those who are on their health and fitness journey, bliss balls are packed full of nutritional benefits. Here’s what is in these bite-sized yummies.
👉 Healthy fats from nuts and coconut oil/butter providing a good amount of healthy fats.
👉 Carbohydrates from fruit like dates into the bliss balls provides an energy boost and is ideal as a pre-workout snack.
👉 Natural Protein from nuts and are suitable for a vegetarian or vegan diet. You can add your favorite supplement to make them a fuelling pre-workout snack.
👉 Fibre from nuts and seeds, this combination together with fruit makes bliss balls high in fibre, too.
These little wonder treats will keep you feeling full for longer, promote good gut health, and assist in your digestive system functioning effectively.